MAX IV Laboratory is currently operating two storage rings for the production of synchrotron radiation for both national and international researchers. In addition it is engaged in the construction of a new facility to become operational in 2016 that comprises of two storage rings (1.5 Gev and 3 Gev) and a 3 GeV Linac. The two operating storage rings are MAX II (1.5 GeV, established in 1997) and MAX III (700 MeV, established in 2007). As a common injector for both stoarge rings a 400 MeV linac is used. More than 1000 individual researchers from more than 30 countries visit the laboratory every year. The laboratory operates beamlines covering a wide spectral range from IR through UV, VUV, soft x-rays into the x-ray regime.